- ECOSOC, the economic and social council, is one of the principal executive organizations of the UN (United Nations).
- 54 participating state-members.
- Its role is to examine questions in the economic, social, cultural, educational and public health fields.
- It can delegate members to conferences of specialized organizations like the WHO (World Health Organization) and has also an important role concerning the establishment of prescriptions to be worked out by the CHR (Committee of Human Rights).
- It cultivates close relationships with NGOs, which can therefore influence its decisions due to its knowledge acquired on the sites.
- The Association GRAFE thus plays a consultative role (collection of information), but it can also make requests in conferences either on its own or together with other groups of ECOSOC-accredited NGOs which may influence the prescriptions established later on.